Thursday, January 24, 2013

Facebook, Tweeter Feeds on Ubuntu Desktop

Today I installed Ubuntu Unity gwibber lens:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:gwibber-team/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install unity-lens-gwibber

Then I found that Gwibber was not getting facebook and tweeter feeds. After I restarted Gwibber tweeter feeds worked but facebook did not:
killall gwibber-service
gwibber-service -do

Then I searched to get the solution for facebook feeds and found this page. I did what was told i.e. to modify the following file:
gksu gedit /usr/share/gwibber/plugins/facebook/__init__.py

Now I can get facebook and tweeter feeds on my desktop:


No comments:

Air India direct flight to San Fransisco has flown through China today.

 My sister in law left for San Fransisco by AI 173 flight which flows over North Pole. I tracked that flight on flightstats.com till it land...