Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Couple of steps on Zenwalk 6.0

Finally I have made Zenwalk 6.0 usable to my liking.

Setting static IP through Ethernet
Remove Wicd from Startup services:
Start Control_Panel (zenpanel}
Click on Startup_Services
Uncheck Wicd
Click OK.
Click on Session_and_Startup in XFCE Settings Manager.
Click on Application_Autostart
Uncheck on Wicd.
Close
Reboot.

Set up through netconfig (Just enter the required information):
$ su
Password:
# netconfig
Restart network (if you know how) or reboot.

Gmail Display problem
This is how Slackware site looked on Iceweasel on Zenwalk 6.0.

Similar problem was happening in Gmail. After reading on Zenwalk Forum I added the following lines in Device section of xorg.conf and it worked.
Option "AccelMethod" "XAA"
Option "XaaNoOffscreenPixmaps" "on"

No comments:

How to Fix a Missing USB MIDI Keyboard in LMMS on Endless OS (Flatpak Guide)

Back in 2020, I could easily connect my USB MIDI keyboard to amsynth on Ubuntu right through the USB port without a single issue. Later on, ...