Sunday, April 17, 2022

Running Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish booting from ISO.

 I downloaded Ubuntu 22.04 daily live iso a week ago and tried it by inserting following menu entry in /etc/grub.d/40_custom

menuentry "Jammy Jellyfish Desktop iso" {
set isofile="/home/user/jammy-desktop-amd64.iso"
loopback loop (hd0,X)$isofile
linux (loop)/casper/vmlinuz boot=casper iso-scan/filename=$isofile noprompt noeject
initrd (loop)/casper/initrd
}
I could not boot and was getting the error:
Unable to find a medium containing a live file system.

I posted on ubuntuforums and was informed that it was a bug.

The bug has been fixed and the updated iso now boots and I am posting this on Jammy Jellyfish.



No comments:

Air India direct flight to San Fransisco has flown through China today.

 My sister in law left for San Fransisco by AI 173 flight which flows over North Pole. I tracked that flight on flightstats.com till it land...