Friday, March 13, 2020

Windows 10 in triple boot with Endless OS, Ubuntu 18.04 on acer aspire 3.

I bought acer aspire 3 with Endless OS pre-installed in Oct 18 after my Lenovo Laptop was broken. Subsequently I installed Ubuntu 18.04 in dual boot on this Laptop in dual boot.

Recently I came to know that Windows 10 installer allows installation on a partition. I downloaded Windows 10 ISO and made bootable USB stick using WoeUSB on Ubuntu 18.04 as posted in may last post.

I created 90 GB NTFS partition and booted on Windows 10 usb. I selected Windows 10 Home Single Language edition which was installed earlier on Lenovo Laptop. After choosing Custom install I selected the partition and installed Windows 10.

After install I could configure Windows 10 and boot into the Desktop.

Later on I changed the boot sequence in BIOS and changed to Ubuntu 18.04 Grub 2. After booting in Ubuntu 18.04 and updating grub I got the Windows 10 boot entry in grub 2.

No comments:

Air India direct flight to San Fransisco has flown through China today.

 My sister in law left for San Fransisco by AI 173 flight which flows over North Pole. I tracked that flight on flightstats.com till it land...