Thursday, May 18, 2017

Ubuntu Desktop Team wants your feedback.

The Ubuntu Desktop team is tasked with transitioning Ubuntu desktop over from Unity to GNOME — and they need your feedback to help them do it.

The above poll is appearing on OMGUbuntu

I am using Ubuntu for more than 12 years now. From next year Ubuntu 18.04LTS Ubuntu is going to shift from Unity Desktop to GNOME.

Presently I am using Ubuntu 16.04LTS and generally use GNOME fall-back session. I was also keen to try GNOME Desktop on Ubuntu 16.04.

I clicked on the Install GNOME shell link on OMGUbuntu page, installed it and logged out of fall-back to GNOME session.

GNOME extensions are installed through Browser but Firefox requires you to enable GNOME integration. For this I followed following page on OMGUbuntu

After integration I went to GNOME Extensions page and installed the following extensions:
and participated in the survey. I also installed Caffeine and Open Weather extensions.
 
I am now using GNOME Desktop on Ubuntu 16.04.

No comments:

Creating signed Form 15H file using pdftk and Drive app.

 I had invested in NCDs because there was no TDS on interest income on NCD. But from the current FY 2023-24 there is TDS on interest on NCD....