Saturday, May 28, 2016

TintCore Linux on Lenovo G50-45

About 8 years ago I tried TinyCore Linux and developed a couple of tcz files to the project.

Yesterday I downloaded the latest TinyCorePure64-7.1 ISO and made a UEFI bootable USB stick to try it. I could boot to the desktop and connect through wired network (wireless wlan0 was not detected out of the box but that was expected from the Tiny Linux distribution). I installed Opera Browser.
After searching on the Forums, I installed following tcz files:
wireless-4.2.9-tinycore64.tcz
           wireless_tools.tcz
firmware-rtlwifi.tcz
wpa_supplicant-dbus.tcz
wpa_supplicant.tcz
After this wlan0 was detected but I had to make wpa_configure.conf file and connect through following command:
$ sudo wpa_supplicant -iwlan0 -c/opt/wpa_configure.conf &
I have added the above command to /opt/bootlocal.sh to automatically connect on next boot.

Now I can explore this Tiny Linux distribution once again.


No comments:

Air India direct flight to San Fransisco has flown through China today.

 My sister in law left for San Fransisco by AI 173 flight which flows over North Pole. I tracked that flight on flightstats.com till it land...