Monday, August 15, 2016

Playing Linux Desktop Audio on Chromecast.

I was using Chrome Browser to play Audio & Video from my Linux Desktop to Chromecast through Chrome applications.

I learnt about mkchromecast and installed it on Debian Testing which is my alternative to Ubuntu 16.04.

After installing the .deb package I had to install the dependencies through apt-get install -f install command.

I opened VLC and started playing my favourite music.

I had to run mkchromecast through terminal and it got connected to Chromecast and asked me to open pavucontrol and change the sink to mkchromecast.

No comments:

Air India direct flight to San Fransisco has flown through China today.

 My sister in law left for San Fransisco by AI 173 flight which flows over North Pole. I tracked that flight on flightstats.com till it land...