Tuesday, July 04, 2017

I forgot password of Ubuntu 16.04 Desktop.

I forgot Ubuntu 16.04 login on my Lenovo Laptop and wanted to create new password.

In Grub menu I clicked on Advance Options and selected Recovery Mode to boot.

After boot in Recovery Mode I selected Root and pressed enter to get Root Terminal.

Ubuntu Recovery Mode mounts / File System in Read Only mode, therefore I remounted it.
# mount -o remount /

and I could set the password by typing
# passwd username

and after
# reboot

I could login with the new password.

Next Day I remembered the forgotten password and restored it once again.

No comments:

Air India direct flight to San Fransisco has flown through China today.

 My sister in law left for San Fransisco by AI 173 flight which flows over North Pole. I tracked that flight on flightstats.com till it land...