Sunday, September 27, 2015

Running Android 5.1 lollipop on my Laptop.

Recently I came to know that you are able to run android-x86 on PC and Laptop. I downloaded the stable version of Android 4.4 Kitkat and tried it but it did not boot to GUI and presented Root Terminal. Then I did some debugging and came to know that for the AMD APU with radeon R2 on my Laptop I should try a test build of Android 5.1 Lollipop.

I am now running live session of Android 5.1 on my Laptop and posting this on Chrome Browser. I could not take a screenshot now in this session but I will post it later.

I downloaded a recent test build and could install it on hard disk on ext4 partition and added following menuentry in grub2 to boot it:
 menuentry 'Android-x86 5.1 on sdaX' --class android-x86 {
    set root='(hd0,gptX)'
    linux /android-2015-08-16/kernel root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.hardware=android_x86 quiet SRC=/android-2015-08-16 DATA=/android-2015-08-16/data
    initrd /android-2015-08-16/initrd.img
}
 I could take screenshot by pressing PrtSc key.

No comments:

Air India direct flight to San Fransisco has flown through China today.

 My sister in law left for San Fransisco by AI 173 flight which flows over North Pole. I tracked that flight on flightstats.com till it land...